Who is the course suitable for?
Anyone who is considering a move into a Project Management role or for existing Project Managers who want to refresh/upskill their knowledge
What will you learn?
At the completion of this course, you will learn how to successfully plan a project and learning how to set, manage and track goals and milestones. You will also learn how to align the project’s goals to that of the organisation’s strategic goals and how to create a successful project schedule using MS Project.
What topics will be covered?
- How to set, manage and track achievable milestones
- How to ensure the project/programme objectives are aligned to the organisation’s strategic goals
- Planning a project in MS Project
- Using effective MI for tracking in MS project
- How to run effective planning sessions
- Proactive management of dependencies
- Product/Work Breakdown structures
What will you receive?
Pre-requisites and preparing for this course
The key to a successful project is ensuring you have a realistic and time bound plan. Creating a project plan should be the first step taken when starting a new project. Despite being the one of the most common reasons a project/programme may fail, project planning is often ignored in favour of beginning the work quicker. However, many people fail to realise the value of a project plan for saving time, money and many problems.
This training course will provide you with the tools you need to create an effective project plan to increase the success of your project and aid in successful decision making by senior stakeholders.